The Modern Collector | Rolex Submariner Date "Hulk" 116610LV
Introducing the Rolex Ceramic Submariner "Hulk" in green.
The first time green enters the Rolex sport model world was with the green uni-directional non-ceramic bezel insert in the 2003 16610LV ( "Kermit" ) The release of this green accent to the 16610 was to celebrate the Submariner collection’s 50th anniversary.
The green color way was not the only special detail in the 16610LV, this Submariner also reintroduced the “Maxi” dial. The "Maxi" dial has larger round white gold surround lume hour markers. After this older iteration, Rolex manufactured the new model 116610LV for a 2010 release.
(Photo above) Rolex Submariner Date 116610LV Complete with Rolex Box, Booklets, Tags & 5 Year Warranty Card
The 116610LV Rolex Submariner continues to be a grail for many modern Rolex sport model collectors. Many new collections ask why this model has such lore and "rarity" in the Rolex collecting scene. The model is still currently in production, however it's become a very difficult watch to source at or close to it's original retail price $9,050. When researching the current market prices available in the pre-owned & unworn market, it's obvious the 116610LV has increased in value tremendously. Due to the lack of availability, a used 116610LV without a warranty card is in the $13,000 range. If it has a card it should be in the $14,000. If it's unworn with stickers it enters the peak of the market in the $17,000 range. All of these prices are based on condition and completeness.
(Photo below) Rolex Submariner Date 116610LV Complete with Rolex Box, Booklets, Tags & 5 Year Warranty Card Side Case
The 2010 ceramic release sports a deep green sunburst finished dial and matching green ceramic insert. The anniversary Submariner became most notable for its green bezel and dial which earned it's nickname, the "Hulk". The color of this ceramic model was the first time Rolex used fun vibrant colors in a design.
Rolex Submariner Date 116610LV features the following
- Trip Lock crown protected with robust crown guards.
- Deep Sunburst green dial with white print.
- 40MM case diameter with a 13MM thickness.
- Rolex Oyster bracelet glide lock clasp for instant size adjustments.
- Scratch-resistant sapphire Crystal and Date aperture cyclops.
- Caliber 3135 automatic Rolex movement with hacking, quickset function & 48hr power reserve.
- Uni-directional light scratch-resistant green bezel insert for timing dive times with 60 minute graduated markers.
- Chromalight blue luminescence for the maxi lume plots, hands and uni-directional bezel pearl.